EMS Sign Post
The EMS Sign Post saves lives by providing accurate information to EMS personnel.
What is the EMS Sign Post?
The EMS Sign Post is a web-based software system for personal health management, combined with a quick-access device for EMS personnel to be able to view critical health information at the time of an emergency. Citizens can maintain all their health records online in a single place, and share critical medical information with EMS personnel for use in an emergency.
It’s an online and more powerful version of a diabetic bracelet.
How Does it Work?
- In preparation for emergencies, citizens pre-load their critical medical information into a secure database
- The medical information is securely accesses by Emergency Personnel at the time of an emergency by scanning a button – either a QR Code or an NFC tag.
The critical patient facts are immediately retrieved and displayed on a cell phone or tablet of the EMS professional, providing critical, potentially life-saving information at the time of the emergency.
EMS Sign Post Can answer these questions:
- Is there a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order in place?
- What medical conditions and recent diagnoses has this patient had?
- Who are the Emergency Contacts?
- Who is the patient’s doctor and preferred medical facility?
- What medications has this patient taken?
Emergency Personnel can access critical, up-to-date patient information quickly and securely.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or 513-591-7362.